Saturday, February 8, 2014

Back to the Blog!

It's 8:22 p.m., and my soon-to-be three-year-old is watching cartoons and drinking root beer.  Granted, it's the last swallow in my glass and is mostly colored water, but since I've spent the entire day running around town shopping for his (hopefully) amazing birthday party next weekend, I'm going to cut myself some slack in the not-quite-mother-of-the-year department.  Plus, thanks to five consecutive snow days, he and I have not been apart for the past 8 days, so Team UmiZoomi and root beer to the rescue.

"Yo doos good, Mommy!" he says.

Yep.  It is.   Enjoy it, Buddy.  Mommy's got some writing to do.

This is actually my second try at a blog.  I had a pretty decent one going a few years ago.  Then I had a kid.  'Nuff said.

But, he's getting a little more independent every day, and I find myself REALLY missing writing, so we'll give this another go.

After he gets off my lap and goes to bed.  Because, honestly, when he crawls up there, says "Big hug, Mommy," and snuggles in...well...I've suddenly got an urge to put the iPad away and catch up on the adventures of the Mighty Math Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment